Join Julia, massage therapist of 11 years and teacher for longer, for this two-hour workshop to get you out of pain and excited to massage yourself. With a small inflatable ball, your hands, and movement of your eyes, you’ll be released from pain and tension in your neck, shoulders and upper back. Aimed at true usability, you’ll walk away with action steps for when you only have three minutes, as well as sequences for 30 minute self-care sessions.
- live and work in discomfort and can’t get regular massage
- keep rubbing the same places with minimal results
- wail on yourself with tools and techniques that feel good in the moment but result in the same or more pain
- drive a lot, sit at a computer a lot, question your pillow a lot
this is for you!
You will learn:
- lesser known culprits for upper back, neck and shoulder pain.
- how to increase your felt sense of “releasing of pain” so you can stop inflicting pain.
- basic anatomy so you can relate to your body with more specificity and compassion.
- stretches to increase your range of motion and actions to increase stability
- how breath and eye movement can be massage tools
You’ll leave with:
- Your own inflatable ball for self-massage
- A variety of sequences to do on your own: 2 minutes or 30 minutes
- Awe, relief, and joy in being in your body
This workshop is trauma informed.
Cost: Sliding scale $40-$75
When: Saturday December 7th, 10am-12:30pm
Where: Back to Life Urban Sanctuary, 171 W. Thompson St, Philadelphia, PA 19122; https://www.getbacktolife.org/sanctuary
171 W. Thompson St, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Accessibility: To enter Back to Life Urban Sanctuary, there are two steps outside with no railing.
Please email Julia with questions: email@example.com
Workshop is now FULL! Registration closed.
To be placed on a waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org